We are all the same people.
With sinning hearts that make us equal.
Here is my hand, not words said desperately.
It is not our job to MAKE anyone believe.



Friday, August 28, 2009

another poem..

This is just a real laid back poem I wrote one night for my little sister before she left for college. The rhyme scheme changes a lot, which isn't very ideal I suppose, but it's not too hard to follow.
New Journey
Lauren Parsons

We've been together through the years,
side by side we've conquered fears.
The years were hard, we made it through;
the laughs you brought were always true.

Some may say the time is near
for closing books and wiping tears,
but life is just beginning, Love,
and you will always rise above.

Share with the world what you've shared with us,
let them see it's in God you trust.
Go now into the world so wide,
let truth and honor be your guide.

Our separate paths will cross real soon,
we'll laugh and tease in your messy room.
Oh, the stories we will have to share,
I wonder who will have longer hair? ;)

These months will pass with grace and ease,
and you can always visit...please?
Until then remember, Sis
you are truly, deeply missed.

1 comment:

My Life said...

awwww I love it...made a lump in my throat..